We've been told for years that we should be on the Oprah Winfrey Show to share our ideas & tips for feeding families a healthy diet. Janice finally had the opportunity to talk with/beg Oprah to let us on her show. Unfortunately, Janice didn't get a response from the Diva of Daytime TV because the Oprah Janice spoke to was made of wax. "Wax, you say?" Yes, since their meeting took place at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York City, it was impossible to get any sort of dialog going (though Janice did do her best). If anyone knows the real Oprah, feel free to tell her all about us!
Ask The Meal Makeover Moms
The Meal Makeover Moms are here to answer your questions and offer mealtime suggestions! Please post your questions by clicking on the "comments" button at the end of any of our posts.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Janice Meets Oprah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi again, since you are talking to "Oprah" can you discuss diets a little. Are there any out there that work? I know you have talked about this before, but I find myself sometimes seduced by the allure of diets or by the latest research that hits the headlines. I am exercising and following your book for weight loss and heart health.
Also,any hints with your book as a weight loss book - since I know it is geared more towards families and kids.
Thanks - if I knew Oprah I would call her for you... don't you sort of know Bob Greene, can he help?
Best- Greg
Hi Greg-
Great to hear from you again. As far as diets we believe in watching portion sizes and eating whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and lowfat dairy. Exercise is very important in weight control. If you're not losing weight (i.e. if you have hit a plateau), consider weight training. Muscle burns a lot of calories so as you build more, you burn more.
Just keep on moving and cooking healthy recipes from our book and you should be all set.
And, yes, we did contribute recipes for Bob Greene's last book, so maybe he could give Oprah a ring for us!
Keep us posted on your progress. Happy cooking!
Thanks so much for the help!
Best- Greg
LOL I thought Oprah looked a little slim in that picture for it to be very recent. :)
Post a Comment