Encouraging children to eat vegetables without complaint can be a tall order, but according to Diane P., fellow dietitian and mother of three from Johnston, RI, getting veggies on the table and into kids' tummies may be easier than you think! Here's her secret:
"When my children were 3, 5 and 7 years old I began to serve vegetables in a fancy side dish to only my husband and myself. One time they asked if they too could have some of the beautiful (expensive) asparagus. My husband and I looked at each other acted as though we were giving away a treasure and carefully portioned out a few delicate spears. My children now 19, 21 and 23 still love asparagus."
What kid can turn down a treasure!? By using this simple strategy, Diane and her husband made vegetables impossible to resist. Let us know how you get your family to eat and enjoy vegetables.
What kid can turn down a treasure!? By using this simple strategy, Diane and her husband made vegetables impossible to resist. Let us know how you get your family to eat and enjoy vegetables.

1 comment:
My son won't eat green beans, but he will eat it if it's frozen. I wouldn't have thought of it if I hadn't read it in your book. In fact, I was using some frozen lima beans on our snowman this past winter and they were all over me wanting to eat them. I actually used it as a bribe so I could take a picture of him and his siblings next to the snowman.
Keep the good tips coming!
Post a Comment